- You learned to refuse gifts until the the 3rd time before you finally allowed yourself to accept them.
- Your household had a collection of complimentary hotel soaps, shower caps, conditioners and shampoos.
your mom always taking the complimentary soaps at every single hotel you ever visit
— Growing Up Asian (@GrowingUpAsian) April 26, 2016
3. When you were growing up the kids at school thought you had a disease because of your mehndi but now it’s “aesthetic.”
4. When you had at least one year of school where you dressed up as an “Indian Princess” or “Jasmine from Aladdin.”
5.When you asked your parents if you could hang out with friends you got this response:
6. You give your grandmother/mother a heart attack when putting marriage on the backburner.
7. When “maths” were more important than anything else.
— Mona Grover (@monaggrover) October 6, 2016
8. You had to clean your room whenever anyone was coming over.
— Redskins 14-2 (@ZaineRehman) July 15, 2015
9. Your mom always lies about the time.
#GrowingUpDesi if the time is 11:30 your mom will somehow turn it into 2:00
— sana sana sana (@TheBiebss___) September 15, 2016
10. Which makes you never, never trust anyone who says “We’ll be there in 5” (IST FTW)
#GrowingUpDesi Going to an event 2 hours late and being the first one there.
— Ali. (@syedazs) July 2, 2016